Since we moved into our home this past summer I have been contemplating whether or not I should decorate the top of my kitchen cabinets.  This is something I have mixed feelings about, sometimes it can just be too much.  

One of our previous houses had a vaulted ceiling in the kitchen so it was a no-brainer, it had to be decorated.  Our last house the cabinets went all the way up to the ceiling so it wasn't even an option.  This house has that weird space where there is just enough room to decorate but not too much to get really creative.



That weird little space has been bugging me a bit lately so I thought, what the heck, I can decorate it and see how it looks, if I don't like it, it comes down, no harm done and it gets the cabinet tops dusted for once. :)  

I have lots of random decor stashed in my basement that I can put up there but what really motivated me to decorate was hitting Hobby Lobby when they marked down their clearance stuff from 66% to 80% off, 80% off!!  That's practically free, how can I pass it up!? ;)  Run, don't walk over there because after this weekend only the not so attractive stuff will be left. 

Here are a few of my finds... (sorry about the lighting and shadows, since the stuff is mostly dark I found it showed up best on the light carpet and not the dark counters or table tops)

I absolutely love this big pear! 

I don't know why... I seemed to be drawn to the fruit for some reason...


Might be too small for my cabinet tops but just liked them... maybe hit 'em with some spray paint??


Pear #3  (do I have a problem??)


Simple yet sophisticated...



So, I'm not really a rooster/chicken girl but every good French Country-ish kitchen has one, right?

I have a nice collection of off-white pitchers that I plan on mixing in too.  Stay tuned to see the results. 

So, friends, what do you think about decorating kitchen cabinet tops??  Yes, No, Maybe??????  Let me know, I L-O-V-E love your comments. :)    And, don't forget to follow me. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top