Any of you bloggy pals have garage sale fever yet??  (Not you Southerners and Westerners who are lucky enough to have garage sales year round.)  I'm talking about haven't-seen-a-garage-sale-since-last-September garage sale fever... I've got a bad case.  And the only cure...  more cowbell. ;) 

(for those of you completely confused, the cowbell line is from one of my favorite Saturday Night Live skits :)

It's been unseasonably warm around here which has only seemed to make my fever worse.  Shorts and t-shirt weather is totally garage sale worthy but it is too risky around here to have a garage sale as the weather could take a turn for the worse at any moment.  Seriously... it could still snow, not likely but very possible.

Not only am I longing for garage sales, I'm longing to have one!  After moving last summer and skipping out on having a garage sale last season I really need to have a garage sale.  I managed to talk my hubs into keeping all this old junk decorative stuff when we moved because I didn't know what I would need in our new house, turns out that most of it didn't work and I need to unload it, like now.  But, because of my location I have to wait.

So in honor of my garage sale fever, I've decided to post about my best garage sale find ever.  It's a beauty...




Pardon the fuzzy pictures, it wasn't a sunny day... :(

This lovely secretary was a steal at $50 bucks!  I've seen these in antique malls for $500 and up!  I have no idea how old it is but the woman I bought it from who was old enough to be my mom said it was her mothers.  I really have no idea if it is an antique but I don't care.... I love it! 

It was in great shape except for some scratches around the pretty feet.


I busted out some of this Old English Scratch Cover for dark wood stuff (found at Wal-Mart) and made it all better...


The only trouble with it is that the insides of it smells like really stinky potpourri.... eww!  The previous owner told me she stored candles and potpourri in it.  It smells like an awful mixture of flowers and old lady perfume.  ;)  Does anyone have any idea how to get the smell out of the drawers?  I'm scared to spray it with Febreze for fear it will harm the wood.

It stinks in here!  Help!


Don't forget to come back tomorrow night for my "Flaunt It Friday" party! Anything goes, showcase your latest project, fav recipe, whatever you want! :)





 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top