If you are even a little bit into decor you've probably noticed the mirrored furniture showing up all over the place... 


Image from ebay

Is it trendy???

Mirrored Jewelry Armoire
Image from glamfurniture


Probably...
 
Mirrored Buffet/Console
Photo courtesy Nieman Marcus


Do I totally love it?
Image from google

Ummm...  YES!!!
Image from Google
I try not to be a crazy decor trend follower, especially if it doesn't jive with my home.  For example, the whole antler thing, I didn't do it, it doesn't work in my house... and, I just don't like it.  It will probably be out of style next year, but if it works for you and you like it, I say go for it.

However, this crazy mirrored furniture trend has me swooning.  I think it is absolutely beautiful.  I mean, I really love it!   

There's just one problem with it, (besides being completely breakable, especially with small children around... not to mention the little fingerprints and smudges that will constantly need to be wiped off of it) it's CRAZY EXPENSIVE! 

I had given up on getting any mirrored furniture because I don't really need any furniture... and did I mention it's crazy expensive.

I had come to terms with the fact that I was just going to have to look at pretty pictures of mirrored furniture until the trend passed along with my longing for one. 

Until yesterday.

Yesterday, while having a very unsuccessful trip at Tuesday Mornings trying to shop for a client, I stumbled upon a little mirrored sidetable in the back corner.  I could tell it was a beauty and that it also had a clearance sticker on top. 

The sticker said "Retails for $399, Tuesday Mornings price $149, Clearance Price $30". 

Wait... WHAT?! 

$30!!!!!!  For real?????????????

What's the catch? 

Just a little broken mirror.... actually 2, a skinny side piece and one of the drawers.




Yikes!
Ugh.

I literally stood there for 5 minutes looking at this thing thinking "how can I make this work... it is insanely cheap and awesome!" besides the broken pieces of course.

Look how pretty it is, even with the broken pieces (and missing knobs)...

Being in the garage is not doing it any favors reflecting all that dirty concrete floor.

Here's a side view...



Believe me, this table has good bones.



I knew there were some glass/mirror replacement companies in town so I thought, what the heck, how much could it be to replace some little mirrors... even if I put $50 into it it's still a steal of a price.

So, I bought it. 

I got it home and my husband thought I had lost my mind.  The conversation went something like this... 

Me:  "Why yes honey,  I did buy a broken mirrored, mirror covered side table.  No, I did not forget we have small children.  No babe, I don't think it looks like it's from that gaudy drug dealing Al Pacino house in that old movie Scarface.  Just trust me on this one, K babe."

So now I have to get to work.  I'm so excited to get this thing in my house and looking pretty.  Stay tuned!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top