Happy Fall y'all!!  (that's the one time a year that I say y'all)

My favorite season is officially upon us and here in the Midwest we are having some lovely cool fall weather!  This makes me SO happy as sometimes summer stays around too long and we go to the pumpkin patch and sweat (sweat = not fun).  It's also hard to be motivated to decorate for fall when you are sweating. 

Anywhooo, this year I did a budget-friendly Fall mantel.  I haven't done a Fall mantel in a while (last year only did Halloween).  I had to come up with something from scratch because I didn't want to pay full price on fall decorations (it's against my religion ;).

I luckily picked up this great gourd filled swag for 90% off after the season at Hob Lob last year.  $6 bucks!  (Major score like my fall wreath you can see HERE)


I used a bunch of candle stick holders that I already have and picked up some gourds and mini pumpkins for .25 cents each at our local Farmer's Market.  (I heart our Farmer's Market!  I love the fresh finds and supporting our local farmers plus, the same gourds at the grocery were $5.99 for a bag, about $1 a piece!)



I like the long, spindly stems, gives them character. :)



I left up my black vase 'o sticks to give it some more height and I added my first attempt at a coffee filter wreath to finish it off.


So there you have it, a new fall mantel for about $7.25 (and $6 of it was spent last year!) 

What are your thrifty fall finds??

Linking: Sunday Showcase, Tatertots & Jello The Lettered Cottage, Nest of Posies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top