Well, hello there friends! 

Don't you think Thanksgiving is getting to be the "forgotten holiday"? 

We go straight from Halloween to Christmas.  The stores and big companies are the worst.  I actually saw a Christmas commercial 4 days before Halloween... can you believe that?!  Sadly, I'm sure you can.

Some stores have had Christmas stuff out for months (mostly the crafty types like Hobby Lobby- in JULY!! wow).  But many others get it out before Halloween if they have room (Wal-Mart).

I am going to get my Christmas stuff out a little earlier than usual just so we can enjoy it (and because it's a lot of work!) but not quite yet.  

First, I'm going to share the rest of my Fall Thanksgiving decor that will be staying up at least a little longer.


My coffee table vignette
I love pumpkins on pedestals

The Fall Thanksgiving decor in my living room...





Another touch of Fall Thanksgiving in our entryway.



The large apothecary jar has an old fall swag stuck in it which helps it to fill the jar without using a million leaves.  I sort of twisted it around the jar from the bottom up.

The little jar has mini-pumpkins purchased last year after the season for 90% off, I got two small packages for less than $1.50. 

Our dining room has this little pumpkin on the buffet.  Sticking a pumpkin on a ring of faux berries (either made from a swag or a candle ring) does wonders for a pumpkin! :)


Finally, I took the black birds off my Halloween mantel so that it can become just a Fall Thanksgiving mantel... easy peasy.




Do you decorate for Thanksgiving or do you just go straight to Christmas after Halloween??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top