Hey there!  How's it going?  Are you all ready for Easter?  I can't believe it's only a week away!  I'm so thankful that it's in April this year, Easter in March just seems entirely too early for me, how about you?

This year I'm really trying not to buy any new holiday decor.  This may sound silly to some but to decorating addicts like me, this is a big deal.  If I had the storage space and extra cash, I could buy all new holiday decorations for every holiday every year.  I've never done this but believe me, I could.  

Over the past 11 years we've been married  I've picked up a few things each year for the holidays (except Christmas, I think I buy like 1 million decorations each year for Christmas ;)  that's a whole other post).  

Anyway, I've got plenty to work with for each holiday so I'm trying to work with what I've got and not add to my stash.  However, I allow myself one item per holiday if I find something really great.  So much for holding myself accountable, right? :)

This Easter I really thought I was going to make it on my own stash, I'm not really into the whole bunny and chicks thing.  Then I saw this:



I am a sucker for burlap and script printed fabric....


Plus, the Easter eggs are perfectly colored!


Who could resist that face??

I found him at TJ Maxx (big surprise) and I actually passed him up the first time I saw him sticking to my no new holiday decor rule.

BUT...

he was there when I went back (that never happens at TJ's)!  And, this time I had a gift card that was a birthday present burning a hole in my pocket.  So really, I didn't even buy him, he was a birthday present!  So it kind of doesn't count as me buying a new holiday decoration, right? ;)

It was meant to be! :)

Did you buy any Easter bunnies this season or are you trying to cut back like me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top