Hello there!  A few weeks back I got a huge fancy catalog from Restoration Hardware.  I don't know why they keep sending me these things because I never buy anything (shhh, don't tell them!).  But, I love to browse them so I hope they keep coming.

I've blogged about Restoration Hardware before (check it out here), how they have some really awesome stuff and some stuff that is just way out there, as in, what are they thinking and they want $$$ for it?!

Their Summer 2012 catalog did not disappoint.  There are plenty of amazing pieces and a good amount of crazy too.

Let's start with crazy, shall we?

The new "Deconstructed Collection" line has a bit of the crazies.

photo via Restoration Hardware

See all of those frayed strings, those are the back of the tufts.  Note the nail head trim that is made of actual nail heads and not very straight.  Also, the rough wood, messy burlapish mesh material and rusty metal piece that holds part of the chair together.

Can you say "C R A Z Y" ??

This might be the weirdest thing I've ever seen in furniture.

Deconstructed 19th C. English Wing Chair
photo via Restoration Hardware


This unfinished chair can be all yours for $1495 (plus tax and shipping and handling)  More of the crazies!

I love the neutral linen/burlap look, they started out great but then it's like they forgot to finish the chair because... well, they did.

They've got the colors and style right, and most of the pieces have great lines.  But this is bizarre, this stuff seems like it belongs in a haunted house.

But, it doesn't look too bad when they put it with this...

photo via Restoration Hardware

But really, are people going to pay $1500 bucks for a half made chair?

Yes.

Can you guess what that makes them??

CRAZY!

You got it.

So not to hurt Restoration Hardware's feelings (yeah right, they are laughing all the way to the bank) I will share some of their awesomeness too.

They need to stick with stuff like this:



Alt text for My Lifestyle Image
photo via Restoration Hardware


photo via Restoration Hardware


Alt text for My Lifestyle Image
photo via Restoration Hardware


Lovely Living Rooms

photo via Restoration Hardware


photo via Restoration Hardware


Beautiful Blues!

Alt text for My Lifestyle Image
photo via Restoration Hardware


Alt text for My Lifestyle Image
photo via Restoration Hardware


Dynamic Dining Rooms!

photo via Restoration Hardware




photo via Restoration Hardware




Beautiful Bedrooms!

I love that bed!  Does the headboard look familiar??  It's on special for $1480 for a king.  Mine wasn't quite that much.  You can see how I made one very similar HERE. :)  

So really, I'm a fan of Restoration Hardware, they just get a case of the crazies every season.

What do you think about the Deconstructed Collection?  Am I just closed-minded and uncultured or do you agree, RH got a case of the crazies on this one???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top