Hey there!

Before we party I have some serious stuff to talk about.

Lame.

Who starts a party with serious stuff?

Bad idea... but it will be quick!

I'm sure you've heard around blogland that content is being stolen from blogs and being used on other blogs without permission of the original blogger.  Not only is the original blogger not being asked if their work can be used but they are not even being credited for the post.  These blog thieves, "scrapper blogs" as their known, steal the blog post and then pass it off as their own!  Some are stealing entire link party posts (Flaunt it Friday anyone?) and putting them up on their sites.

The nerve of these thieves!!

I can't send you to any scrapper sites because that would just increase their traffic so they could make more money off their stolen posts.  I saw one on Facebook that was in Spanish, their page had over one million "likes".

Over one million!!

Seriously!

And they are stealing articles from hardworking and creative bloggers like you and me.

LOOOO-SERRRRS!

They are totally fired!!

But it's unfortunately not as easy as just telling them they're fired losers.  It's actually quite difficult to get them to remove your stolen post.  Especially if they don't speak English.

One of the ways to stop the thieves is to truncate your post.  This means putting a break in your post and RSS feed so that only part of a blog post shows and the reader has to click on a link that says something like "click here to read the rest of this post".

Many of the most popular blogs already do this.  I find it to be annoying to have to click again but really, what's one more click in the scheme of things.  If you're on the computer you're clicking like 500 times a day anyway, right?

So, I'm going to start truncating to protect my posts and hope like crazy my lovely readers won't stop reading or linking up because of that extra little click.  It's really not that big of a deal but if it will keep you from reading my blog, please let me know.  I don't want to lose any of my sweet Chicsters!


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

So now it's time to party and my first ever truncation (is that even a word? it sounds kinda fun, like a vacation or something, just pretend like when you click the link it'll take you to Disneyland or HomeGoods... which is my happiest place on Earth ;)
Click here to read full post »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top