Hello there!  Today we're going to talk about something near and dear to my heart...

TJ Maxx.

It's my favorite store in the whole wide world.

I love HomeGoods too, which is owned by TJ Maxx and only sells home goods... hence the name. It is right up their with TJ Maxx but the closest one is 2 hours away so I don't have the same relationship with it that I do with TJ.  TJ is only about 10 minutes away from my house.  Almost dangerously close if you ask Mr. Chic. ;)

TJ and I are on a first name basis.  We are old pals, BFF's in fact.

When I talk to people about my friend TJ it seems like people either love him or hate him (how rude!).

The haters hate because they don't understand him.  When they visit him they want to run in, grab item, pay, leave. This is what I call "man-shopping".  TJ is not very friendly to man-shopping.

I realize that many women like man-shopping.  But, if you're on a shoestring budget, you are going to have to get out of your comfort zone to save some money on some great stuff.  You're going to have to shop like you mean it.  No man-shopping allowed.

To do your best with TJ you gotta dig. I realize man-shopping shoppers are not into digging.  But I promise, if you dig with TJ, you'll be glad you did.

Here are some moves you need to properly dig with TJ:

  • move stuff around so you can see what's on the back of the shelf
  • squat down and look in the back of the bottom shelf
  • stick your head under and lean in to the bottom shelf if needed
  • reach up high to the top shelf and scoot stuff around so you can see that great item hiding up there
  • move your eyes and make sure you see everything so you don't miss a thing.  


It's almost like exercising.  Just think, you'll be getting in your work-out while shopping... multi-tasking at it's best!  This is definitely my favorite type of work-out.  Sometimes I even wear work-out type clothes with TJ, like yoga pants and zip-up hoodies.  This makes it more official that it is, in fact, a work-out.  There is no lazy man-shopping allowed with TJ.

In my vast bargain shopping experience, TJ's is by far the best place to find great new, reasonably priced, decorative items for your home.  My latest greatest finds with TJ are several Pottery Barn-esque mercury glass pumpkins.  You can see them all here.




Catch up on my 31 day series...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top