Hey there!  Thanks for coming back to see me again.  I'm hoping to make a lot of new friends with this 31 day series and am so happy you're joining me. :)

Day 5: Print your own art

Art is expensive.  I'm not even talking about "real" art that someone actually painted.  I'm talking about mass produced stuff you can find at Pier 1, Hobby Lobby, Target, etc.  If you need something to fill a large space it's especially challenging to do it on a budget.  Many of the large canvases (36" x 36" and up) are priced $179, $199, $299 and even $399.  There are cheaper options at other stores I mentioned but many times the selection is totally ugly lacking.

In the case of my dining room I needed to fill the large space over my buffet with something that wasn't ugly or expensive.  It was before I was a blogger so I thought my only option was to buy something.  I started out with this ok canvas (view here)from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  It was so not me but the colors were right at the time, it was big enough and it was on major clearance so I settled for it rather than having an empty wall.

It was fine really, but I didn't like it at all.  It set the tone for the room, so it made the whole room look bad to me.

It was really starting to bug me so I decided to do something about it.  To get something as big as I needed I was in that $199 and up price range.  Unfortunately, my shoestring budget was in the $30 range.  Wah, wahhh.

Thank goodness for blogs.  In my search for cheap art I came across several blogs that had printed their own botanicals.  (I can't remember which ones or I would site them here!  It was before Pinterest)  The kicker was that the botanicals looked great.  Straight out of a fancy botanical book, not those ugly pencil looking drawings with scientific words all over them.  These were actually pretty!

free botanical prints

Click here to read full post »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top